• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

do not make fun of this.is there a boot camp for fat people?

matbla

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you mean? Do you mean you want to get in shape or do you mean joining the armed forces and going to boot camp? If you want to get in shape, I'm sure you can find plenty of quality fitness training programs and trainers. You can also work out by yourself by running/ walking and different excercises.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry if I wan't much help.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

As for boot camps, I've heard or them but I do not know where they are in relationship to you.

As ShotokanKid suggested there are plenty of certified trainers out there that can be effective. Boot camps, from what I gather do a quick fix that may not help in the long run. A quality trainer (personal trainer or other) can help you in long haul, which is what you would probably want. They can combine diet and exercise and help you to begin to change your habits.

Look into Park Districts around you (my standard line I suppose) but it's true. Some have assistance. You can also check local medical centers and hospitals who also can offer assistance on diet and exercise to help you get down to a weight that you are comfortable with and maintain it. (the maintaining part is the hardest...) I've lost perhaps 300 pounds in my life time...90 here, 20 there, 35 there...etc. That's is not the way to do it.

Good luck in your search..

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 2 weeks later...

There are actually camps that offer the exercise, diet, and guidance that can assist overweight individuals. I have seen it on t.v. They have the camp for several weeks in the summer and help you get started on a new life. It is not a "boot camp" per say, but a fun, organized camp. Go online, you should be able to find something on it. I don't know how old you are, but the one I saw on T.V. was for younger kids, teens, and early adults.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I'd say you could do with speaking to your doctor and seeing if you can get the help of a dietician or other health professional. Also, taking exercise everyday will really help you to lose weight. Even if you can't afford to join a gym then talke up walking or go cycling.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water everyday too and try and reduce your calorie intake gradually - try cutting out chocolate and other snacks and have fruit or yoghurt instead. Even switching from regular to diet coke can help you.

Good luck.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

General rule of thumb ive heard is that you should cut down your calorie intake by about 500cal.

But calorie counting is abit obsessive in my honest opinion, sure it usually works, makes you loose weight. But im sure you can loose weight in a UNHEALTHY way. Sure you could just cut everything out and just eat crackers for a while, that'd make the lb's fall off. But wheres the balence in that?

I suggest that you google the ABS diet, Its more focused around eating Sensably, etc, simple things like cutting chocolate out (apart from say like, One a week as a treat). I think it could be intresting if you could take the dicipline you learn in your matrial art study and apply it to this situation :)

Ive been meaning to loose abit of the tubbyness and ive just done stuff like starting Wado-Ryu, Going to the gym a few times a week, walking more, cutting out the high sugar foods etc, and ive been loosing fat.

But make sure you dont get into the mind set that "Its all about loosing the weight" for example, If you go to the gym, your not going to loose weight, your actually going to put it on, since the muscle is alot heavyer than the fat I put a few lbs on before I started loosing fat since I started putting more muscle mass on. And more muscle mass is brilliant, Not just for its anastetic uses, but for its strenght and its Calorie burning powers! I think its something along the lines of that muscle burns 3x as much calories than fat, JUST BY SITTING AROUND (Basal Metabolism) :wink:

When I started My martial arts training it was to facilitate a lifestyle change for me. A large part of that was to cut out fast food. Now my wife and I go out to dinner maybe once a month as a treat. I've lost 35 lbs just by controlling what I eat better and exercise. It's hard to do but well worth the effort. Your Dr. can help you with a more comprehensive diet plan and exercise recommendations. Start slow with small adjustments and go from there. Good Luck and keep us posted!

I'd recommend the best thing for losing weight is excersie (mostley situps), jogging, and eating right. Don't buy into all the weight loss pills and all that crap they have advertised on T.V. It's just a waste of money for what you could eventually do by yourself.

A New Age Dawns

• 3 months later...

thanks for your relpys

but i need someone to tell me or keep me in line

put on food eat tuesday 26/06 and not eat anything elase'

i need the camp for where we do light workout and learn how to eat and learn lots of cool stuff. but i know it is are cry for my fat problem

what now?!?!?!?

from matt

What you need to do is what patusai said. Go to the doctor, and have him put you on a diet. Then, go hire a personal trainer, and show up to workout every day that they tell you too. It is tough, and you have to make yourself stick with it. If you can make it through the first month, I would guess that the routine would be ingrained fairly well, and then it is just a matter of sticking with it.

You can do it, but no one can do it for you!