• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I want to learn stick fighting

Roman

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

in about 20 yrs or so i'll finish my book on martial arts and you can use that to study from....but in the meantime i don't know of any off the top of my head. I would recommend searching around the net for arnis or a similar style and maybe you'll get lucky on finding some teaching methods and techniques....or you can wait 20 yrs, lol

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I have read The Secrets of Cabales Serrada Escrima, by Mark V. Wiley. It is very informative, and has a good looking base set of moves to get you started.

However, I always recommend seeking out a qualified instructor to start learning something new.

There is a fellow by the name of Fred Shadian who made a video, I forget what it is called, that is a great starter for stickfighting.

Knock Yourself Out :wink: ,

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh, to start out in stick fighting, you'll probably want some personal instruction. If you look around you can probably find someone to give you a few lessons before you hit the books.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• 2 weeks later...