Martial Arts

lilkarate75

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's yours?

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Martial art comes from budo meaning 'millitary way' or way of the millitary. there in beyond CQC fighting styles lots of things can be martial arts, includeing orientering, logistics, leadership, etc.

Karate is like hot water, if not given continual heat it will go cold.

there is much to my belief in the martial arts but i will break it down and keep this very very short today. First just look at the words, martial is the physical aspect, the ability to fight and defend yourself and then there is the word art. Art in my mind is where most of the so called martial artists do not recognize. In my mind when i see "art" i look at it as if it was an art. Meaning like in paining, music or whatever, that there is something that we can all learn from it, that continued training will lead us to higher levels of understanding where we can transcend our normal simplistic views of life/society/and culture and remold ourselves as we did physically. I see the martial arts as a philosophy, a way of life, a way to better the world once we come to understand how we can accomplish that means. It is not something solely for competitition, or self defense or to learn weapons or to get fit, it is much more, it is an art. We need to learn to improve ourselves mentally along with physically......and as you see.....i've already made this longer than i had hoped for, sorry.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

The length was fine and it was all in good form grandmasterchen. I preach that constantly, we to often forget that these are martial 'arts'. Self expression and exterior understanding are lost on them far to often.

Karate is like hot water, if not given continual heat it will go cold.