ShotokanKid

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking either leg. I want to be able to kick with front or back.

And I'm talking about reverse roundhouse kick.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Sorry, my fault, I should have explained what I meant when I made the post. My bad.

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

It's a hook kick.

I struggled with it for years. Then I got a good tip that helped me loads. This works from either leg but I'll explain it from a right foot back fighting stance kicking off the right leg and your partner in the same position.

• Perform a yoko geri to a 45 degree angle to the left of your partner (their right side), remember to keep your guard and head towards your partner.

As you reach full extension, pull the foot back so it comes back into your partner at about a 45 degreeish angle (err more to getting the kick behind them than kicking to the side so you get around their guard).

If you're kicking with the heel, make sure your foot and toes are pulled back, but if kicking with the sole of the foot for jodan, point your toes so there's a straight line from the knee down to the toes.

There are some variations of this but that's the basic jist of it.

Hope that helps

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

Good explanation. Sorry I didn't get the video. I pulled a muscle in my back again so I have been able to kick well the last few days.

Not a problem... hope you get better soon and if you do film a video, please give me the link.

Thanks.