• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Only Adidas equioment allowed at all styles tournaments!

Gyak

Hi All,

I heard that there will be a new rule taking place concering entry for all style tournaments. No competitors will be allowed to compete unless they have all Adidas equipment including:

Gi,

Pads (Red & Blue),

Mouth Guard,

Belts (Red & Blue)

Feet Guards (Red and Blue)

Shin Guards (Red and Blue)

All of this equipment is likley to cost a hell of a lot! Has anybody else heard about this?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

um... I'm guessing this tournament circuit would be sponsered by Adidas? I'm all for all competiters wearing the same white gi with org patch, but that's putting things a bit too far. My guess is that this is specific to one circuit as that sort of thing would never fly in my orginization.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Its for all styles tournaments. By this I mean tournaments that arn't specific to one federation, but that all federation fighters can enter. For example, the WKF (World Karate Federation) world tournaments. I think the governing body is "Karate England"?

Certainly some organizing body could make this rule. It would also be easy enough to check out if you had a specific body.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

I would disbelieve that a body for a large amount of tournaments would let that go. For example, let's say it was a tournnament by World Karate Federation or Okinawa Shorin-Ryu Karatedo Association, that can have competitors from countries world wide. If I entered a tournament in England, Japan, Okinawa, or wherever, in a gi by Kyota Company, I doubt that they would prohibit entry on the grounds that the gi was by the wrong manufacturer. Only a tournament sponsered by a company (Adidas in this case) could really pull that off.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

I seriously doubt that this is true. How on earth do you think they would be able to enforce that?

Would they honestly go up to every competitor and check their gi, pads, mitts, mouth guard, groin guards and chest guards to make sure they are in compliance? Yeah right! Even if it was sponsored by adidas I don't think they'd be able to do it. Imagine 100, 200, 500 or 1000 competitors waiting in queue to enter the hall getting everything checked before being allowed to go it. It's laughable!

The only feasable thing that it could be is if there is an Adidas sponsored team entering a tournament. A group of 10 or 20 they could do something like that....possibly.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

Gives a new meaning to the term, "cup check."

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Gives a new meaning to the term, "cup check."

:lol: TigerDude! I can only imagine how many slapped faces there would be when someone goes up to a female competitor and says "I just need to check out your chest guard....."

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

Hehe- yeh most tournaments around here are independant - don't have an affiliation with one organization, and there is no way that they would institute some crazy rule like that- they's just loose numbers and thus money and the tournament wouldn't be as good. There just isn't an incentive for them to do that.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu