(Have You Gotten In A Fight)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind fighting in general...but I personally wouldn't fight someone who is really younger than me...like bullys, those are the type I like the teach the lessons too... :grin:

Fighting over the internet is like special olympics...even if you win, you're still a *.

In 28 years I have only had 4 street fights. The last one, every time he went to hit me I slapped him in the face. He soon realised he was out gunned and went away rather humiliated. Only his ego was hurt and that I thought was a good outcome

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I have not personally been in a fight since 1991. A bit over a year before I started karate. However I have been put in situations where I have had to break up fights. In all cases I was able to react and stop the conflit pretty quickly. Using a choke, pressure point grab or simple wrist locks. You can never say how you will react when faced with a situation but I do honestly feel my training would take over. Howver I hope I never get to find out how I will react.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Having worked as a police officer in a large metropolitan area for 10 years, I probably got into more fights than the average citizen ever will. Fortunately, I worked for a progressive law enforcement agency that embraced martial arts training (Hapkido). I employed mostly wrist and joint locks to subdue a suspect or extract a suspect from behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. I also used a side handled baton, as well as kubaton to restrain felons. If you make a mistake in the dojang or dojo, you get a second chance. Make one on the street and you may not. There are no winners in a street fight.

Mugging and rape are two things facing girls more so that street fights. I would think both happen more than a street fight. However I have trained with several women who could more than take care of theselves if attacked.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Do any of you guys train with weapons like Nun-Chakus, Escrimas, etc?

Fighting over the internet is like special olympics...even if you win, you're still a *.