• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who has been the best?

ps1

Who do you feel is the most innovative modern martial artist. Clearly there were some greats in the more ancient times. Lets try to keep this to those after the mid 1800s.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oh yeah...be sure to give a brief...or long explination.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I would have to say Shimabuku Tatsuo......but then I may be a little biased!!!!!!!

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

I would also have to say Grandmaster Shugoro Nakazato. Not only is he the president of the Okinawan Shorin-Ryu ShorinKan Karate-do Kyokai, but the Okinawan Prefecture Board of Education awarded Hanshi NAKAZATO the title of "Kenmukei Bunkazi" - Intangible Cultural Asset.

Respectfully,

Buckeye

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

~Woody Hayes

Although like strangepair03, I might be a little biased as well..... :wink:

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

~Woody Hayes

I like Ed Parker...that's just me though...^_^;

Dalken-my sword style, I made it up, this is so people don't look at it and go WHA?! Basically I put the first three letters of my name in front of the first three letters of kenpo lol...now for my actual quote:

"Be as water, my friend."

Katsuya Miyahira, another Kenmukei Bunkazi and successor to Chosin Chibana as (now)former head of the Okinawa Shorin-Ryu Karatedo and Kobudo Association

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

Chibana

Itosu

Toyama

Funakoshi

Not necessarily in that order.

If I had to pick one from my list it would be Itosu...because of personal bias among other things :)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt