• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, all!

I just started kickboxing a few days ago, and I was blown away by the intensity of the class. As you can see under my name, I also practice karate. For a while, I've had some trouble building up my resistance to fatigue, as I get tired pretty easily. I was wondering if, from your experience, kickboxing will be able to help speed that build-up at all.

Thanks.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good kickboxing class, be it Thai or American style, will be a great boost to you fitness-wise. It is an intense anaerobic and aerobic workout that will certainly help your karate. I do however, get an equally good workout with my karate when I train alone because I tend to take fewer breaks and move at a faster pace than we do in class.

I hope you continue to enjoy your program--kickboxing is a rough but satisfying sport. :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

it should help, me and my bro take thai style kickboxing my brother was in the marines and we both can honestly say that its a better workout then the military

also ive takin karate for about 6 years now and started muay thai only a few months ago and i can already see a dramatic increase in my endurance, strength, and speed. but thats muay thai style kickboxing i dont know how well american style trains

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

Good to hear. Thanks, everyone!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• 1 month later...
any competition based sport style will generally offer the same benefit. You have to have endurance if you're gonna be any good. BJJ, wrestling, kickboxing, muay thai... all will build your endurance.

That is something that the sport styles have over the more traditional styles. I know that my conditioning isn't the greatest, but I am working on improving it.

• 5 months later...

Guess I'd better jump on the treadmill again.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.