Full Contact fighting

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately we don't have full contact in a sense of take downs and submissions. but we are slowly working it into our system. my instructor kicks my butt often, including take downs and submissions, the most recent being in a elementary school gym where we have class on tuesdays. we spar he throws me around, gets on his back and got me in a double arm bar. ouch!

i can't say i've seen weaknesses though. we have a very well rounded system. like i said we are working in the jujitsu which resembles gracie style. when we spar in that class its no gear other than gloves.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

i'm trying to get my instructor to visit this site, hopefully soon we will all be graced by his presence!!!!

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

Yes, I have. But I must admit that I was younger (in high school) and it wasn't sanctioned in any way. Basically two guys from different styles just seeing what works. THIS WAS VERY STUPID AND I DO NOT SUGGEST ANYONE DO IT WITHOUT PROPER MEDICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION. I wiped up the floor with him. Side kick to the stomach dropped him and I front kicked his forehead as he tried to stand. He yeilded right there. I later learned that he was not the rank he had claimed. So he wasn't very skilled. He had actually trained less than a year. I felt very bad.

When I told my Sensei what I had done, he applauded my courage and punished my stupidity and pride and lack of foresite by banning me from class for a month.

We have guys come into the BJJ academy all the time. They always try to go all out on us. We're not stupid enough to do that and just lock em up in guard and submit them. It's very easy and I don't have to feel bad because they don't get hurt. I enjoy the gentleness that BJJ provides me.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Ive been in a few FC scuffles and I usually find my arts serves me well

you didn't find your art to serve you well, you served your art well.

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

we have used full contact on occasion at my dojo, but not very ofter. It kind of shocked me at how poorly some of my techiques worked. That of course just made me want to work harder.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

I have a fairly entertaining story, as it was not a fight, but just a full contact sparring session that me and my brothers had out in the front yard just for fun.

We were all 3 in TKD at the time, so we put the pads on, and added in wrestling and low kicking.

My youngest brother developed a very good "hit and run" tactic, so he stayed pretty safe. Me and my other brother, however, was a totally different matter.

We were sparring along, trading shots, and he could wrestle a little, and he eventually took me down and worked me over. I worked my way free (I HATE wrestling), and while he was still down on all 4s, I took a shot at the back of his head. I threw my pads off and said I was done. He threw his off, and said "No, you ain't."

So, we padded back up, really mad at each other, and ready to go. He put his hands and feet pads on, and I put on head gear and hands, but not feet pads.

We started going, and I got a round kick in on his ribs, but he trapped my leg under his arm, which he just had up in guard. I don't think he meant to catch it, but it stuck there. So, with my foot stuck, with out thinking, I launced my self off of my base leg, and brought a nasty spinning hook kick around to land on the side of his face. It made the coolest CA-CHUNK sound, and he went down!!!! He rolled onto his stomach, and told me to go get him a towel to quench is bloody nose.

Then, we WERE done. Best "full contact" story I have.

The scary part is that he didn't go unconscious.

• 2 months later...

Very nice^

I've been in a full contact fight..train in kyokushin, but as anyone who's in a real fight knows, there are no fights that aren't full contact.

So, to put it short, after blocking a lot of his jabs, I roundhouse kicked the guy in the joint where his thigh and knee connect (glad I didn't tear his ligament), he fell fast and hard. Fight over.

Edited by Ace2021

A New Age Dawns