• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oops!!!

KarateK

Nope neither. Was doing padwork where there are 3 pad holders mock attacking you. Was facing one way doing an empi block then turned to do a simple front maegeri kick. Just must have twisted and snapped funny.

Karate Ni Sentinashi

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes got to go for an Arthroscopy, keyhole surgery where they stick a camera in my knee to hopefully repair what damage has been done. Sounds like lots of fun! Thankfully is just day surgery and hopefully should be back on my feet in no-time. Unfortunately eith NHS waiting lists what they are I could be waiting up to 6 months for the surgery. Grrrr

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Wow! I hope you don't have to wait that long for surgery if needed. Maybe the Arthroscopy won't be to bad, at least they can get a better look at the damage. Good Luck! :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

You will be back in training before you know it. You can still practice at home. Do kata without moving lower body-just upper body movements. I practice that way all the time.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Hey Karatek,

I ripped my ACL in half after hyperextending my knee doing a side thrust kick. It HURT!!! I ended up opting for surgery and they used the ligament between my patella and my lower leg to form the new ACL. My doctor told me that I shouldn't do anything to injure the surrounding ligaments of my knee before surgery (I waited 4 months to do my surgery until I was done with school and on summer vacation). Then I was NOT ALLOWED to do any Karate until 8 months after the operation. But after that, the doctor told me that I could do whatever I wanted. My knee is a bit clicky now, but it doesn't hurt. I have full range of motion and can pretty much do what I want. I don't have to worry about my knee poping out of joint, now. Good luck with your knee and I hope you recover well.

Thanks all for the support x

Sparkey it sucks doesnt it! What makes it worse is (no offence Jay et al) is when people say oh you can still do a bit of practicing. Not when it hurts this much to even stand up you cant!

With our style of karate as well, and at the level I am at, I cant really practice just blocks etc, cant wait to get back at it!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Yikes got to go for an Arthroscopy, keyhole surgery where they stick a camera in my knee to hopefully repair what damage has been done.

I've had that done - waited ages for that bit of surgery too! lol, good ol' NHS... (although on a side note, I've now finally got a date for my CTS surgery(

The arthroscopy wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; although my leg was very sore and stiff for a while afterwards I actually got back to training quicker than I expected.

As you're having the operation done as day surgery, make sure there's someone around to look after you afterwards. I had my surgery around lunchtime and was sent home in the evening. Trying to crawl up the stairs to the toilet with the worlds largest bandage on your leg is no fun I tell thee... :(

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Oh great - although am sure can train my daughter (7) to fetch and carry for me lol!!! Plenty of time then for Lost re-runs!!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Plenty of time then for Lost re-runs!!

Every cloud has a silver lining.... :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 4 weeks later...

Woo hoo - have been back training for a week now, only done two sessions but it feels so good to be back!! Cant quite kick properly and my stances are pretty lame but at least am back in the dojo!! Have been basically teaching as opposed to serious training, am so glad to be back. Am taking it easy though, it still aches every day and I can feel that my knee isnt as strong as it should be. Thought I would share my happy news!!!

:D

Karate Ni Sentinashi