KarateK

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck...stay strong...don't let it get you down. Continue training when you can. This may be the perfect opportunity to work on techniques from a seated position. If you can defend yourself when you're injured...you can defend youself when you're well. Recover well.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I am sorry to hear that my friend. I tore my ACL completely into in my right knee several years ago while playing football. It was about 6 months before I could really start back playing sports aggressively again. I pray for a speedy recovery for you.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Bludgeoning pigeons, that sure stinks :( ! Hope you can start training again soon. I'll be praying for you.

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

"Basic front kick" and you "turned" oddly? Care to elaborate? What kind of turning were you doing with a front kick?

Either way, best wishes on a quick recovery. Knee injuries are one of those things you want to be patient with so you don't suffer in the future. Hope you're back training soon!

sorry to hear about your injury. I'm hoping the best for you :)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

"Basic front kick" and you "turned" oddly? Care to elaborate? What kind of turning were you doing with a front kick?

We were doing a system where three peole were coming at you with either focus mitts or a pad - you then had to either defend yourself or strike. I had just done an empi into one pad, turned to do a kingeri at the other but my supporting leg must not of turned with me. Its a bit vague to be honest - the pain kind of overtook

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Well - just been back to hospital - who decided I have torn my meniscus cartilage. Still as painful and have to go back in a week to see an ortho surgeon who will decide if I go in for an arthroscopy?!? or an mri scan. So basically more waiting!!! And still as much pain!!!

:-?

Karate Ni Sentinashi