• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oops!!!

KarateK

OK so karate last night. Normal training session - did some basics. On to padwork. Decided to do a basic front kick, must have turned funny because next thing I know am on my back in absolute agony.

Have torn my anterior cruciate ligament in my knee and will be out of training for 2-3 months minimum. May need surgery. Got to back to hospital in a week to get better idea of where I go from here.

Needless to say am a bit annoyed

:kaioken:

Karate Ni Sentinashi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that. I had a friend go through that (basketball injury, not karate) and it was a hassle for him. Good luck in your rehabilitation.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you get better soon.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

A quick and speedy recovery to you.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

I'm really sorry to hear that, KarateK. :( I hope you bounce back and get back to training soon!

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

sorry to hear this, i hope it's only pulled just don't try to come back quick, let it heal. it took me 6 months, i started practice after one month but no kicking ,quick turn or running.

Thanks all

Will hopefully know more next week - however even now just sat at my desk its killing.

Really gutted to be missing so much training but I don't want to make matters worse for the long term. Will just take it easy for now

Thanks again for the support - making me cry

:bawling:

Karate Ni Sentinashi

<<<<>>>>

:)

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu