• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

(bows) Greetings to the assembled force that *is* KarateFor

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks all! Yes, currently I am taking olympic style TKD but have been training in MA since high school around 76'. ...jeez, am I that old??? Oh well, I don't look it or feel it! :grin:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

I'm afraid I don't know the difference between "Olympic style v.s. traditional. We do spend a good deal of time on traditional stances, kata and step sparring...maybe you could enlighten me?...

Ti-Kwon-Leap

The differences are between ITF and WTF ....

http://www.karateforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=2305&forum=7 (will explain briefly)...

Many threads in the Korean Forum regarding Sport (Olympic) TKD and the more traditional (ITF). These are two of the biggest organizations with many offshoots (associations thereof)

Ti-Kwon-Leap ...You may be interested in this thread http://www.karateforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=2523&forum=7

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Black Tae Kwon Do

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-04-23 08:31 ]

Thanks, KickChick! The differences mentioned are pretty much what I thought was the case.

Luckily, my teacher emphasises sparring only in the designated sparring classes (optional)

and aside from the difference in forms, there is a definate emphasis on developing ones character and all that implies. I spent a bit of time watching the way classes were taught, and master Maharjan's teaching comes from the heart. :smile:

Ti-Kwon-Leap