• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hakutsuru kata

cranemaster

I was surfing the web and came across this video. Does anyone know if this is really the Hakutsuru kata? http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=27859 Also does anyone know anything about the guy performing this kata? I have seen some Saishu Ryu guys before at tournaments but this guy look way to young to be a "Doshu", however his performance on this kata isn't half bad.

Bob Green

Hakutsuru Uchinadi

White Crane Okinawan Hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I enjoyed that kata, there seems to be some nice subtleties.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Anybody know anybody in Seattle area that teaches the applications for this form, like those on the George Alexander video?

Or for that matter, anywhere in the U.S.? (other than Mr. Alexander, who probably charges a fortune especially for privates).

it's kunimora Hakutsuru, i know Sensei Mertz from his forum i never met him, he is young but not too young,

for the other member who asked about crane applications, there are two study groups, one is with Mr. Sandoval and one under sensei Lindsey in Bastrop Texas, We are in Houston, if you pass by.

the other guy name is Mr. Chandler he picks up katas from here and there and reselling them.

i forgot to mention that sensei Mertz is the funder of Saishu ryu karate jutsu

Another good place to get application to crane forms would be to see someone who specializes in White Crane style Kung Fu. Having alot of experience with the art, many of its applications are similar to those of Karate Kata. Their kata are just asthetically different.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

it's kunimora Hakutsuru, i know Sensei Mertz from his forum i never met him

I tired to contact him on his forum about this kata and several other kata that he teaches. The guy is blowing me off I think. I have emailed him probably 2 dozen times off of his website trying to get him to give me a step by step for Garanhouou and the only response I got was that if I wanted to learn it i would have to train with him. I'm not into training with someone just to learn their kata, I would much rather get a video or download it. Oh well, I guess I will just wait till I see it in tournament again and video tape it.

Bob Green

Hakutsuru Uchinadi

White Crane Okinawan Hands

I undestand his reasons he don't wanna see somebody doing his katas in a tournoment. some of the katas he teaches are common katas among okinawan styles so you can allways find them, like Kunimora Hakutsuru, some of the katas been created by him, like kurutsuru but keep in mind that he is not a crane expert he is mostly a shito-ryu/shotokan stylist , so his crane katas are not extrordinary they are mostly created based on known crane techniques or katas, i think if you really wana study Okinawan crane system you should get in touch with Sandoval or Lindsey or their students.