• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking for Private Karate Instruction In Seattle

lostinseattle

Looking for private karate instruction in Seattle, specifically in Hakutsuru breakdowns, like those taught by George Alexander, Penland, etc., including kyusho and tuite.

Please let me know if you're an instructor and have time. If you don't know the techniques, we can do them off of the videos if you want. I'm desperate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Actually I did, but I didn't really see anything under classes. Do you by chance remember which topic it was under? I checked out classes and lessons. I guess I need to search a little more.

(edit) ... so I searched around Seattle's Craiglist ... nothing. Somebody wanting to teach women and one lady down in Tacoma.

Searching other parts of the country there's tons of ads like this. Guess Seattle is a wasteland. LOL

I don't know about your level of karate, so forgive me if you already know this. Okinawan Hakutsuru is not a stand alone system it's allways been part of another system, in Shuri-te it is mostly part of Matsmura Setio Shorin Ryu , in Naha-te you can see it in Goju-ryu , some systems like Uechi ryu are full of crane techniques from beginig. what you see penland or Alexander doing is shuri-te with crane flavor, crane stylist is like a sniper , for being a good sniper you should be a good infantry soldier. crane techniques are mostly based on evading an attack or soft deflecting followd by a pin point strike to the eye,throat or a pressure point. kicks are low and kinda special front snap kick using big toe. and it moves like a wave, you hit high in Naihanchi then you hit low (or full) in shiko dachi, or the other way around. i think for time being you can practice on your finger push ups, and just mimic the katas you have.

i think for time being you can practice on your finger push ups, and just mimic the katas you have.

Well, okay, but that doesn't exactly give me somebody with whom to practice the techniques. But thanks for the info and the recommendation!

i think for time being you can practice on your finger push ups, and just mimic the katas you have.

Well, okay, but that doesn't exactly give me somebody with whom to practice the techniques. But thanks for the info and the recommendation!

I got your exclamation point ,well my apology. here i gave 3-4 names you can start with, they should have students all over, i will ask from my friends too.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=26740

Sensi Mertz

Sensei Lindsey

Sensei Sandoval

Sensei Chandler

have you ever tried chinese white crane? it gives you more choices( Bai hi chuan,....)

have a look here

http://www.shaolinwhitecranekungfu.com/styles/white.asp

Okinawan Karate & Kobudo

(360) 698-2032

32 Ne Silver Pine Dr

Bremerton, WA 98311

Karate has so many styles and so many teachers, that it's hard to sift through, but thanks for the names -- none of those appear to be in the Seattle area. I don't really have time to travel around.

Anyways, thanks again for the info.