• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nothing Special But...

shotokanbeginner

Of course your shotokan helped. I feel I am a much better athlete because of my karate practice, and I've found I even dance better too.

Good luck at your tournament!

With respect,

Sohan

Thank you very much, I am sooo incredably nervous for this tournament there is going to be so many people watching. Any tips?

In my own personal experience kime is a big factor. Also when sparring as part of the tournament (if you sign up for that) the judges will be looking for a block with a counter. Don't simply block and back off, or half-heartedly block to get in under. They look for full, complete techniques. When it comes to the kata competitions focus on you and not the opponent. Don't try to keep up or make more noise, just do the techniques according to your own body type, timing, and bunkai.

I will try my best, thank you.

everyone has fear, but it is when we let it overcome us that we lose

soft, hard, slow, fast components of kata

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone try the whole "imagine everyone naked" thing? I don't see how that could possibly help other than to make you break down with laughter?!?

You have probably competed by now shotokanbeginner but its true what has been said once you are up there and focus on what you are doing you won't notice any flashes or cheers etc.

Your shotokan definitely helps your life - with your balance, mental attitude - everything. Its true mind body and soul development.

Be the best you can be

:up:

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Does anyone try the whole "imagine everyone naked" thing? I don't see how that could possibly help other than to make you break down with laughter?!?

You have probably competed by now shotokanbeginner but its true what has been said once you are up there and focus on what you are doing you won't notice any flashes or cheers etc.

Your shotokan definitely helps your life - with your balance, mental attitude - everything. Its true mind body and soul development.

Be the best you can be

:up:

thanks for the kind words and all.

Well I was able to get in third at the tournament, I only lost one out of my four fight. I am happy with that but now I really wanna beat the one guy who beat me.

Hey well done you x

Try not to go into the next fight with revenge on your mind though - can blind you from what you have learnt - and obviously have learnt well!!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Hey well done you x

Try not to go into the next fight with revenge on your mind though - can blind you from what you have learnt - and obviously have learnt well!!

Thank you very much. The guy who beat me was really nice to tell the truth he is like a gentle giant, he kept giving me compliments it was great. I won't go in with revenge on my mind I will train with it in my mind for m,e to advance. I forgot to mention my sensei got gold bb tournament.