• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts in MN

fenderbender4

I go to school in New York, but live in Minnesota in the summer I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in MN that did Kyokushin Karate at all. I've tried the web but can't find anything. If anyone knew of anything from someone else or from this forum, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I go to school in New York, but live in Minnesota in the summer I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in MN that did Kyokushin Karate at all. I've tried the web but can't find anything. If anyone knew of anything from someone else or from this forum, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.sho-kyo-ryu.org/

Even if they aren't near where you will be, they should know of other dojos in the area.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Where in Minnesota are you going to be? If you're going to be in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, contact Dr. Terry Warner in Maplewood. He doesn't teach Kyokushin, but he will either know a place or know someone who does. He's one of the main martial art guys in the area. If you are up north by Duluth I would say contact Steve Koski or Gary Mattevi. Mattevi will probably be easier to find than Koski as far as online, but Koski has a fairly large school up in the Duluth area I believe. On a side note where in New York do you go to school?

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Dr. Terry Warner

House of the Dragon

Kung-Fu

(651)777-0588

1998 Castle Road Maplewood, MN 55109

Maple Wood, MN

I would say e-mail Mr. Warner as a last resort, because he does own a school of his own of course.

This is the web address for River Valley Shorin-Ryu, a few of their guys are ranked in Kyokushin as well as other martial arts. I think I have met one or two of them. It might be worth it to check them out.

http://www.sho-kyo-ryu.org/contact.html

It wouldn't be worth it to contact Mr. Mattevi, he's too far north.

I go to NYU that's why I was wondering.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

This is one of the only places I know of, it's in Brooklyn Center.

http://www.mmaacombatzone.com/directions.htm

There's a martial arts store in Maplewood, near Maplewood Mall called Minnesota Karate Supply or something of that nature, and that guy should know a few people around the area.

- Tao Te Ching

You could also try http://www.mnkali.com A number of people at our school also train here. Rick Faye is a top notch instructor and very well respected in the MA community. There are MT classes as well as CSW, BJJ, Kali, and the phase program. It's nasty nasty stuff and very well done. :)

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• 3 weeks later...

OSU!

We have kyokushin club in University of MN. We practice every Sat 11:30 to 1PM. My email mikhelm@yahoo.com.

OSU

Mike