• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unforgivable Rules

Ninjanurse, I'm sure it's disappointing, but it sounds like you handled it well, and even if the rest of the class doesn't exactly know what happened, word will spread and it will reinforce those things you talk about in class.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It is unfortunate, but as much as we want to reach out and influence those that we teach, in the end, it truly is up to the individual to make the right choices.

• 1 month later...

I had one champion black belt get on crack and just plain ruined his life. Thats pretty rare but if you teach enough human beings even one of the best will go bad. It is heart breaking but true, i recon it is part of that master thing they told me about, can't win them all. Maybe that is rule number one. I think I would like to forgive him.

• 1 month later...

The only reasons I know of students being expelled involved sexual harrassment, rage issues, and bad attitudes. when a student's behavior threatens the well-being of the other students, or damages the property itself, I think it's grounds for expulsion

On that same note though, a student that was asked to leave our dojo several years ago just came back to train with us. He's calmed down a lot, and he's been a real positive force to the school.

I'm curious to know if anyone else would invite back an expelled student, and under what circumstances?

“Studying karate nowadays is like walking in the dark without a lantern.” Chojun Miyagi (attributed)

https://www.lanterndojo.com/

https://karatenobody.blogspot.com/

That's not a circumstance that I have ever seen or faced, but I don't think it is something that shouldn't be considered. People can change, if they want to, and I think that second chances are important. But, it is something that must be considered seriously at the same time, too.