• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Branching Away From TKD

about Judo

1- if you have near-sight problem( may be -3.0 or more) you need to be carefull about throws

2- if you have a back problem it may get wose

3- old time injuries in fingers may come back

since you are female , you need to know good technique in judo or BJJ won't help a lot against pure force, if you don't wanna compite then Judo with all the possible injuries is not a good option, unless you wanna look at it as a art.

BJJ is not bad, mostly damage to the elbow and knee but it's a great workout, price is higher too, i know a school in Houston that closed down just because of injuries.

traditional Jujitsu is good and practical, Aikido is good but not practical in early years,

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would try another Korean martial art such has HAPKIDO or even GUMDO. you will know some of the terms used and many of the kicks will be the same so you will be able to concentrate on other aspects and will progress quicker and will look good in class???

Your questions is where should you start.....at the beginning of course. White

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Sounds like you already want to do Judo, so go for it! Give it a go - you've nothing to lose. If you don't like it then you can always try something else. :)

I'd start as a beginner (white belt), though. TKD is a completely different style to Judo and wearing a blackbelt in a Judo class would kind-of make a mockery of Judo blackbelts having to do the dan grading.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!