• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Syle

Midkiff

Does anyone know of the style Shindo Jinen Ryu? It is the style that i have been studying for about 5 years, under sensei Bill Damon, 8 Dan. It is very respected, and has it's roots in early Shotokan karate. I find it's mix of karate and jujitsu very effective.

Shindo Jinen Ryu Ryobu Kai-Second Degree Brown Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think it is also called the Japan Karate-do Ryobu-kai, if my memory serves me. My club joined the Ryobu kai i the early 90's, but decided to call it quits a couple of years after that through various reasons I don't want to get into now.

I believe it was started by Yasuhiro Konishi, and it has shito-ryu and shotokan kata mixed in the syllabus.

The head chief in the US is a Mr Kiyoshi Yamazaki who's head dojo is in California.

wow, very well said. You hit it exactly. I'm sorry that you called it quits though. I hope it wasn't for reasons that severe.

Shindo Jinen Ryu Ryobu Kai-Second Degree Brown Belt

i was a 4th kyu under Sensei Craig in Houston, i also know sensei Howard High from kansas, a very nice man, showed me his Anan kata and answered my questions.

wow, very well said. You hit it exactly. I'm sorry that you called it quits though. I hope it wasn't for reasons that severe.

No not really. We just wanted to go another way.

I do thank Yamazaki though for opening our eyes a little into the world of applications of kata.