• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mines dominated by kids under 16, theres only 5 adults which includes me and im the only 20 year old, the others are between 30 and 40.

"Violent action may be understood as the way of Martial Arts, but the true meaning of the Martial Arts is to seek and attain the Way of Peace and Harmony." Master Hironori Otsuka

"He who stretches beyond his natural reach, does not stand firmly upon the ground; just as he who travels at a speed beyond his means, cannot maintain his pace." Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mine is also almost completely kids under 14, we have one guy that comes every now and then who is in his 40's , but other than him I'm the oldest and I'm only 16! It does get to be a bother sometimes.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

At my school, there is a little bit of an age gap. I am 28, and there are some 20-23 age range from our college class students. Then we have a few older adults. Some are in their 40s. I think that the age gaps happen in smaller demographic areas, where population is smaller.

Where you see less of an age gap is in children's program classes (which we also have, and the gap is less noticable), and in programs like the AAU promoted programs where there are age groups that train together in a team atmosphere.

We have a whole lot of children and teen. Many 20's to 30's. Gets more scarce after 30 but we are growing. Handful of over 40 and 50.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Well I am taking lessons from my sensei and i'm currently his ONLY student. The age difference? I'm 25 he's 59. He's in the BEST shape i've ever seen a 59 year old in and he definitely gives me a run for my money.

Things to take away from this experience or similar ones

- Things are different when you are 18, 25, 38, and 45 etc etc. I mean at 45 you can't quite kick as high as you did when you were 18 let alone 25. And the difference between 18 and 25 is that you have more strength (generally speaking). BUT the thing is you learn to be "economical" with your motions and instead of using "brute force" you use your body mechanics in such a way to be effective. Because a spinning sidekick is just as a effective to the stomach as it is to the head.

That and obviously "wisdom" and "experience". I don't know how many times we've gotten into 15 minute tangents while working out about "this reminds me about back in 1960." These tidbits are priceless, some more useful than others, but take away from this the valuable lessons and apply that to your life.

Anyways, I believe that you can learn different things from different people. it's up to you to decide how and what you take away from your encounters.

OSU

Marc

Ichi Geki, Hissatsu

one strike, certain death