• Straight Sword

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody ever considered making a kata/fighting techniques for jian and dao, one in each hand? Maybe use the dao in your front hand, and the jian in the back? I got this idea a few days ago, and can't wait to try it out. Any tips?

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Anybody ever considered making a kata/fighting techniques for jian and dao, one in each hand? Maybe use the dao in your front hand, and the jian in the back? I got this idea a few days ago, and can't wait to try it out. Any tips?

considering the vast difference in technique, you'd likely have to be very coordinated to pull this off.

I'm going to do it, dang it, if it takes me the rest of my life. :karate:

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I've thought about the concept, but would think the actual execution of that pairing might be a bit difficult as there is differences in blade length, width, style and weight. Wonder what weapon you would use in your off hand...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

i really don't know much about these weapons; is the jian used like a european medieval broadsword and the dao like a sabre? something like that?

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana