• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lasting injuries from breaking?

Don't Call me Sir, I love the title. Demolition/Destruction Champion. NICE. Like to see your skills some time. I persoanlly love breaking and I know the long term affects. I have not done anything beyond wood but used all parts of my body from head to toes.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I was British Demolition/Destruction Champion for 3 years and continued to do breaking demos and seminars for over 12 years. Last year I was diagnosed with arthritis in my two knuckles and have partially lost mobility in both joints and lost feeling across the

back of my hand. I will also have to take medication for the rest of my life for my condition.

I'm in the process of phasing out Breaking from my Syllabus, simply because of the long term effects and to honest, I really don't see the point to it any more.

DCMS.

DCMS, would it be out of line to ask how old you are? I am 39 (about to be 40) and am starting to experience some arthritis in my hands as well. I think it is from boxing and TKD as a youngster since we don't do breaking in Shorin-ryu.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

DCMS, would it be out of line to ask how old you are?

Of course not, I'm 35 and been studying martial arts since 1981 (ITF TKD 1991 - 2003. Freestyle TKD 2003 - present).

Edited by Don't call me Sir!

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

Odd. I'm 39, and I've been in martial arts since about 1987, and sports in general since I was 5.

No arthritis or other ills yet! (Unless you count a schwannoma on my elbow, result of an errant hockey stick :o )

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Okay, I've got to know--where did your tagline come from? :)

With respect,

Sohan

haha, thanks, I love it.

Aodhon was close, it's Space Ghost Coast to Coast, from 1999. The Chambraigne episode.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.