• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

14 Year Old Brown Belt Girl in the News (story)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, she is lucky he didn't have a gun but even if he did she should have done the same thing.

The worst thing you can do is comply with someone who has a gun because you "think they might shoot you" if you don't.

Think this sort of thing would be less common if more people did what she did.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Yeah good on her.

Did you notice they called it "Karate", even though there was a Korean flag on the wall? And what was with the blue gi and yellow stars?

I thought her technique was awful, but, credit where credit is due, she did defend herself against a grown man.

WHY was her technique awful?...she floored the guy and got outta there...stuff technique when your adrenaline is pumping thru your body. You dont think about hitting you just hit. Real life situations are not competion or sport...its not about how good her FORM was. Shes lived another day and THATS what matters.

Be like water my friend!!

Bruceflea - I was refering to her technique she used in the dojo. Why was it awful? No power, no hip movements, wrist wasn't straight when punching the bag.

I commented on her form, regardless if it is effective or not. She claims she does Karate, and for Karate, her technique wasn't very good.

Bruceflea - I was refering to her technique she used in the dojo. Why was it awful? No power, no hip movements, wrist wasn't straight when punching the bag.

I commented on her form, regardless if it is effective or not. She claims she does Karate, and for Karate, her technique wasn't very good.

Ok in the dojo, but that stop her effectively defending herself on the street. And in my opnion...thats where good martial art training counts!!

Ok in the dojo, but that stop her effectively defending herself on the street. And in my opnion...thats where good martial art training counts!!

THAT DID NOT rather.

Good for her! She hit him and then got out of there and went to authorities. Good for her!! Yes, he could have had a gun, knife or there could have been another one behind the guy working together. Sometimes waiting to react reduces the possibility of success. You have to strike when the opportunity presents itself. She did. Did I say good for her yet? :D Her instructor is proud of her. Heck, I am too! :D :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

the thing that kind of scares me though is that this guy is still out there. the video said they didnt catch him. hopefully they do though.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.