• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

May 21st IHF 3rd Korean Open Yong In City

Is anyone from this forum attending this International Hapkido Federation competition?

It's just a one day event, so doesn't sound very big. There are no website links to it, so I can't refer you to any specific details. I just saw a poster in my Hapkido gym about it. I will hitch a ride along with my instructor to the event if I can. But, I'm certainly not ready to compete myself!

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No, my instructor himself is not competing. I don't know if he has enough skills for competition! (perhaps disrespectful - sorry) Just some of the kids from our gym are supposed to have been entered into the sparring category. Our gym is pretty low level lamentably, so I'm not sure if the kids are really up for competition level.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

No, my instructor himself is not competing. I don't know if he has enough skills for competition! (perhaps disrespectful - sorry) Just some of the kids from our gym are supposed to have been entered into the sparring category. Our gym is pretty low level lamentably, so I'm not sure if the kids are really up for competition level.

Heh. They may surprise you. We have a kid in our classes that is 6th gup, and will cry if someone says "boo" to him.

His first competition Saturday, other kid kicked him in the head right off the bat. He look shocked, then turned into some wierd sparring animal that I've never seen before. (Vibrating weasel comes to mind :D)

Won the match 5-2. Most surprising thing I've seen in a long time.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

(Vibrating weasel comes to mind :D)

Heh, that is a wierd sparring animal!!

Yeah, kids are strange. In my karate class we used to have this one lad (about 10 years old) that was big and powerful - looked like he could make mincemeat out of anyone - but when he entered his first competition he was scared stiff and ended up running around the ring away from his opponent (who was a girl and was kicking the you-know-what out of him). Appearences can often be deceptive...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

(who was a girl and was kicking the you-know-what out of him). Appearences can often be deceptive...

Well, it was a girl. Of course he ran.

Cooties, you know. :D :D :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player