• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts Strategy I've Learned From My Cats--Seriously

so if you see two people fighting, rattle some biscuits in a tin, the fight will break and they will run up to you and be really friendly :P

As funny as that is, I've actually seen this work on humans.... with a slight difference.

I was working as a bouncer in a strip club. There was a fight. Before we got to them, the strippers walked over and did a bit of an interesting show for them. After looking like a kid in a candy store, the guys soon forgot what they were arguing about and continued to quietly drink and watch the show....

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Who would have thought they would even get involved? That's pretty quick thinking on their part. Funny that it worked, too. :)

And this thread is probably one of the absolute best I've ever seen on the forums. I'll try to keep some of these in mind when sparring.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

actually, thats not that surprising that it worked, depending on how "interesting" the show was.

Now you use head for something other than target.

Well, I used one of these while sparring last week, and it worked like a charm! That was probably one of my best matches ever. :)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

Please tell me it wasn't the stripping one... :o

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

LOL! Well... no. :P It was the one that talked about just attacking with a barrage of techniques and not letting your opponent come up for air. It's great. Aggressive (and frowned upon in my dojo), but great.

"Know Thyself"

• 3 months later...

Nice post, Sohan! Cats also keep their opponent away with their legs when not clawing. Sort of a double leg tiip kick, if you will. And they actually punch each other in the face, and tackle around the neck.

Personally, I'd rather sleep curled up by the fire. :)

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

nice all true and interesting someone thinks the same way i do

the best fight is one that doesnt happen