First Exposure to Martial Arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting my face pounded by a kid in my neighborhood who boxed. I previously thought he was a big wuss. I was in the gym for my first boxing lesson the following day.

:)

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

My karate class. I had always wanted to do judo, karate, or something like that, but my first karate class was my first bona-fide exposure to the whole martial arts thing.

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

Well, my mother says i went to a tournament when i was very young (1 or 2 years old), but i dont remember that...

My first memory is when my brother (1.5 years younger than me) took a parent-child karate class with my father when i was five years old.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I was first exposed to the arts when my dad took me to class with him when I was probably around 4 or 5. Didn't know it then, but I was hooked.

Hard to remember, most likely a jackie chan movie,or just a library book.I remember for a long time having the vauge thought of 'karate seems really cool'

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7