• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts On Other Planets

I am saddened that I have not been abducted to sharpen my MA skills. :bawling: I guess I am a measly earthling with poor MA training uuh :dodgy: whatever. :roll:

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farrrrrr out :) Like way farrrr out :)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

"Rape Prevention Course Schedule: Saturday -- 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM / Tuition: $500.00 per month"

Wow, how much have these aliens been studying us :o

Most people’s compassion and kindness are bounded by threats of their interest.

People respond to irritancies will dire actions and speech, which is magnified by grudge, competitiveness and fear.

WOW! Where do I sign up?

Good job on the post :P

A little snippet from that website:

For those who dismiss me right away without even witnessing Grand Celestial Do for yourself, then so be it. You will be missing out on something life changing. The proof will come on exactly May 12, 4025 A.D. at the beginning of the Turbulent Solstice, when the Visitors will make themselves known.

Ichi Geki, Hissatsu

one strike, certain death

For those who dismiss me right away without even witnessing Grand Celestial Do for yourself, then so be it. You will be missing out on something life changing. The proof will come on exactly May 12, 4025 A.D. at the beginning of the Turbulent Solstice, when the Visitors will make themselves known.

Can't wait. I'll have my aluminum foil hat ready. :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

:o This reminds me of the article that was posted here about the similarities between some MA schools and cults. I can't believe people buy into this stuff and at such expensive rates too! The guy reminds me of L. Ron Hubbard :(

The dead give away is not his reference to learning from aliens... There are people who will want to believe that. The flaw in his logic is revealed when he admits that emphasis is on super-human strength and not technique. He freely admits that GCD techniques are exactly like basic blocks and strikes of Earth-based martial arts.

The kicker is that if we all acquired super-human strength via GCD, we would be equally matched, therefore the person (being?) with the best technique would be the one to triumph in a match. So not teaching/drilling technique is illogical. He admits on his site that he doesn't teach his students:

"Actually, I don't really have to teach them."

"In contrast to Earth-based martial arts, Grand Celestial Do doesn't involve repeatedly drilling punches, kicks, elbows, ect. Rather, these self-defense maneuvers are already programmed into our minds when we are born as part of our survival instincts. Grand Celestial Do teaches us to tap into that part of the brain which hold these instincts - in the central motor cortex, and the self-defense maneuvers happen on their own. It is ridiculous to drill what we already know."

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

I would sign up, but my sensei frowns on me taking up another art at this point in my career.

:D

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

but wait i saw punches and kicks oh wait im not transendent enough with my primitive martial arts darn

Know wat would be funni if it was all true man i would feel stupid lol

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"