• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone here on myspace?

marie curie

Hey, is anyone on myspace?

here is me

http://www.myspace.com/_jenniferlyn

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I don't want to be that personal on the web.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Yah, personally, I think myspace is kinda scary, with how personal people get with total strangers.

Just my non-judgemental (and, like, totally dead on and right) opinion,

David

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

I think it depends on the person. While I agree many people give out way to much too fast, there are those who dont. There are people online that I now consider friends. While we've never met in person, we'll talk online, through e-mails or occasionally over the phone. Ive known them for almost a year and met through chats or forums like this one.

As far as myspace goes, I dont have my name posted and for my location I only list the state becasue a stranger that stumbles across it doesnt need to know anything more.

I dont understand all the kids in HS that use it to keep in touch with friends they see everyday. For me its good becasue now that I'm out of college, its a good way to keep up with friends and relatives in other states. There are only 2 people (those mentioned above) that I talk to through myspace that I havent met. Everyone else is a friend Ive known prior or they're family.

I only have an account to view other accounts :P

At the end of the day, facebook is where it's at. Incredibly useful.

I think it's a good concept, I'm just surprised at how much personal info the users, especially the younger crowd, put out there. With all the creeps in this world, it's prudent to be a little more careful.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Thanks for all the thoughts, and thanks you two for the myspace pages :) I use facebook too, but that is really just people I know in real life. I like myspace because I get to meet a lot of people with similar interests or who work in the same feild as me, as well as keep in contact with bunches of people.

I thought about all this in the beginning, but then I decided that the chances that someone thinks to hunt me down for some reason are small. The chances that they actually do is way less likely. The chances that they actually find me given the other two, are so small as to be negligable, since they would have to wait outside my work and recognise me from one of like 8 pics (not all of which are me), follow me through the city, in broad daylight, and to my apartment building where my doorman will make him leave or call the cops until the doorman goes off duty and he maaaaaybe could convince someone that it was his building and forgot his key (but people don't usually let people in with that story here) find my apt out of the 80 or so that there are, break through the mult. locks, and not get his butt kicked by my bf, before not getting his butt kicked by me. Anyway, if he went through all that, then he deserves to get to shoot me or whatever- that's some dedication. :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

MySpace, like this community, is just a medium. No less or more personal, really. You choose what you share and you should set reasonable limits that fit in with what you yourself desire to accomplish.

Now, let's not get sidetracked. This thread is for people who have a MySpace to post their URL. :) Thanks.