• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Action Flex Choken

Rathe

I was wondering if anyone has ever used any of the action flex equipment and know if its worth a damn. I found a cheap rip off at a store around my area but they broke after one session of fighting. I'm looking for a safer way to teach Kenjutsu and not make my students buy a full set of kendo armor. We have used bokken for years but too many broken bones have occured with their use.

If anyone has ever used one of the action flex stuff or knows of anything better let me know. Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great stuff, really. We do chanbara at my dojo (https://www.capefearisshinryu.com) and we have around 12 chokens, a couple of bos, and a couple of short swords.

The actionflex stuff, while somewhat expensive is well designed and blocks and strikes well. I bought a century knock off and it was horrible...was basically like fighting with a swimming pool noodle.

I highly recommend their products.

They are designed, as a saftely feature, to break at the end if pushed too far, BUT actionflex will fix them for free for the first year so its all good.

Plus Kyoshi Abbott is a really nice guy.

I'm not sure what type we have at my dojo, but I'll check tonight. They work pretty well though.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We do chanbara and other weapons work at my TKD club. We used to use the Century equipment but it was horrible, absolutely awful. Poor quality and didn't last long.

SBN has imported some ActionFlex stuff and we now use that. It is dearer but a lot better than the rubbish that Century produce. Seems to be built to last.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!