• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Poll for instructors: How supportive is your spouse?

How supportive is your spouse?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How supportive is your spouse?

• Very supportive!
    • Indifferent.
    • Irritated, but likes the money.

my wife allowed me to quit my money making job (delivering furniture) to do this. she helps me out teaching when she doesn't have to work. i plan on making a good living at instructing but i know it takes years of good instructing and building good relations with the public. even if it never pays off finacially i will keep instructing cause i feel like it sends good karma my way and i enjoy instructing such a wide veriety of people.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is very supportive. She is training to be a dance teacher, and is also training to be a certified instructor in the ATA. She loves teaching the little ones which is great, I don't do that well with really young students. :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

.... we are about to open our first storefront dojo together....

I'm sure you two must be so excited. Good luck to both of you!

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

.... we are about to open our first storefront dojo together....

I'm sure you two must be so excited. Good luck to both of you!

Respectfully,

Sohan

Thank you, yes we are very excitied but scared at the same time.

Fear is an illusion. Keep those blinders on and just put your head down and give it all you have and I'm sure you'll be successful. I started my first training studio in 1992 with 800 s.f. and grew to two locations with over 5000 s.f. in 4 years. If I had thought even once about the risks I took along the way I never would have arrived.

There is no risk when you have no fear. :karate:

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Sohan,

Very true!!! Thanks again.. I know we will do well just know it in my gut.

Fear is the little death. I will face my fear. I will let it pass over me, through me and past me. When it is gone, I will look behind me, and only I will remain.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player