• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Poll for instructors: How supportive is your spouse?

How supportive is your spouse?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How supportive is your spouse?

• Very supportive!
    • Indifferent.
    • Irritated, but likes the money.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is very supportive. And I'm supportive of her obsessions. :)

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I dont get payed, and that bothers my bf. Hes not my spouse, but we intend on getting married some day. I teach 10 classes a week, as well as sitting on the testing panel once a month.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

When I started teaching my wife became one of my first students...so I would have to say that she has been very supportive. Now Karate is not her passion, but she has done well enough to get to black belt, though at her own pace for sure.

Sometimes my passion for karate irritates her, but when all is weighed out I am pretty lucky to have a wife who is willing to put in time at the dojo.

My bf teaches bjj and kajukenbo- I'm a student in both, and train with him, provide a body for him to practice on:) and do most of the buissness end of the work :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I consider myself retired so I don't teach anymore. However, I can tell you that my wife would not appreciate spending time away from other things that need to be done around the house. Doing it together seems like an idea but my wife has no interest what so ever...never did. Besides, the money part...I'm sure that nobody is doing it for the money. It just does not pay enough

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

My wife is a first degree black belt. We have 4 boys, and all are in taekwondo. My wife works full time at a real job, but helps me a lot with marketing and administration. She love that I have a profession that actually involves the kids.

I'm sure that nobody is doing it for the money. It just does not pay enough

Much like any other field, a skilled professional can make a good living in MA instruction. I am doing it because I am passionate about martial arts. However, my bank wants me to pay the mortgage on time and my kids like to eat. So yes, the money is important.

i am actually set to begin teaching in the next 2 weeks.

I have aplace picked and only 2 students waiting for me to begin. My sensei is retiring and passing the torch to me.

It's an hour away from where i live, but my family is there and i enjoy getting to see them. My wife is due to have our 1st child in November. She knows i'll b gone 2wice a week, but sees the potential in this opportunity and is totally behind me. I am very fortunate.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."