• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kurotsuru kata??

phatkata

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I believe that there's a misunderstanding behind the whole idea. Since there is Hakutsuru, there has to be Kurotsuru, right?

Wrong.

There isn't a kata called "Kurotsuru" in traditional karate. If it exists somewhere, it's a modern creation - not a traditional kata.

And no, Aotsuru, Kiirotsuru and Akatsuru do not exist as kata, either.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

I think the kata asked about is Hakusturu but I may be wrong. Hopefully phatkata can advise?

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

it's not a traditional kata,but in a sense it is, since it's made up from some crane katas but there is no history behind it(if you care) , there could be many of them out there but the one i have seen is created by Mr. metz from saishu ryu karate-jitsu. means black crane ,compare to hakutsuru,

it's not a traditional kata,but in a sense it is, since it's made up from some crane katas but there is no history behind it(if you care) , there could be many of them out there but the one i have seen is created by Mr. metz from saishu ryu karate-jitsu. means black crane ,compare to hakutsuru,

I didn't know that. Interesting. Thank you

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt