BUCKEYE

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones grow stronger from being stressed. Give the sore areas of your body a chance to rest (24 -48 hours) and they will become stronger. I wish you all the best in your training. What branch of the military are you in? Where are you stationed?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Nice to know....thanks guys!

Air Force, stationed at Langley AFB, VA.

Born and raised in Chillicothe, OH.... As you can tell from my screen name, I Love Ohio State Football!!!!

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

~Woody Hayes

Nice to know....thanks guys!

Air Force, stationed at Langley AFB, VA.

Born and raised in Chillicothe, OH.... As you can tell from my screen name, I Love Ohio State Football!!!!

My father's family is originated from Ohio and they are big Buckeye fans. Good to have you.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

8)

Sohan,

You must have a great Buckeye family!

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

~Woody Hayes

Welcome to the family!

I know Sensei Green well, and am good friends with his son (and to a lesser extent, his daughter). I train with Perry Sensei in NC. I'm sure you've heard some talk of our annual camp which is coming up in August. Unfortunately I've had to miss camp for the last several years due to academic commitments (and that will be the case again this August), but I highly recommend you come if you meet the requirements and have the time!

And yes, your bones will eventually harden up. Over time the hard blocks will condition your arms and it won't bother you so much.

CQ

Jason B.

Hendersonville, NC

"I'm not really eccentric... I'm not eccentric unless that means 'crazy', which I am, probably." - Kyoshi Doug Perry

First of all, welcome.

As for Shorin Ryu and body size I have hear that before but as others have said and suggested there is no hard and fast rule. If you can adapt you'll be fine. Good luck on your path

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I'm going with the earlier posts on my size being an advantage and not a hinderance.

I am going to class 4 times a week and have been told by Sensei Scott that my progression is going extremely well!!!

After a self defense class last Wednesday, one of the greenbelts pulled me aside and told me that I completely dominated the guy they had me paired up against that night. One of the Sensei's had me pull it back a notch on the knee drills (my 6'3" partner was supposed to resist my knees and not allow me to throw them easily, but I had such a good hold on him that everytime he would try and resist, I would yank him back in and throw knees non-stop). Because of the pad he was using I knew I wasn't killing him, so I was going like this would be "real world."

I must admit that since I have started training in MA, I feel as though this has become an addiction. I just bought my own heavy bag so I can train at home and perfect my kicks and punches as I learn them. My wife can tell a difference in my attitude and drinking habbits. Instead of partying Friday and Saturday nights, I'm in bed early Friday so I can be ready for MA Sat morning. And then tonight we went out with friends to Starbucks of all places.....good lord!!!!

I see it as there were 3 people that started the same time as me and I want to have the advantage, not only with progression, but physically and mentally.

Well I will quit rambling on tonight, I just feel so good about what I am doing now. Thank you all and have a great Sat night and Sunday!!!!

Respectfully,

Travis

~Woody Hayes

Conqueror,

I feel proud to be a part of the Shorinkan lineage!!!!!!!!

I hope we get a chance to meet sir!

~Woody Hayes

8)

Sohan,

You must have a great Buckeye family!

Yep. But we also have Bulldogs, Yellow Jackets, Tigers, and (horror of horrors) some WOLVERINES mixed in.

Ugly scene at reunions. I study MA just to be able to attend. :)

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu