• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Comparing two styles of TKD forms.

The Mongolian horses were not the war horses you think of today.

Yes I know.

I'd still like to see someone try and kick me off a horse, though, of any height. I'm not the greatest rider in the world, but I bet that it would be nigh-on impossible for anyone to unseat me with a flying kick.

With today's saddles, sure. However, most of the modern saddles and the stirrups were not around at that time.

Plus, add on the fact that you are wearing a lot of armor which was very very top heavy, and it might not be that hard. Now, just from jumping next to the horse, probably not. Coming off of a height, very possible.

Aodhan

Wow, my thread on forms systems turned into an eqestrian arguement :D :D :D :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moving back to the initial point of this discussion... I practice Chung Do Kwan TKD and have a small amount of experience w/ ATA. IMO the Chung Do Kwan styles are much more applicable in a real life situation and as mentioned before better for teaching how to generate destructive force. As for ATA it is very good for more aerobatic applications which I find to be excellent for a cardiovascular workout. The also can be very impressive in a tournament setting. However I find they usually open you up to a simple counter unless done very well and the person executing the move is very adept at following it up. They also are more demanding of balance. So overall they both have pluses and minuses, it just depends on what you are wanting to achieve.

I agree; I feel that I get more power out of the moves in the Chun do kwan style than I did the ATA forms. However, I felt that some of the ATA forms flowed a little better from move to move. I also like how they advance with the kicks in the ATA forms. I know that they may not all be practical, but it is nice to get to do something besides side kick or a front kick.

bushido-man..

koreo is required at second red in our association. i have noticed koreo in many different systems. i'm not sure how it came to be in ours but i will ask my instructor about iit

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"