• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stun gun

If he has to touch you it's a no contest, you'd cut through the thing anyways if he expected to shock you with it. Even if you lost the sword, he'd lose a hand. He'd still come out the worse for wear.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 5 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

oh yesss.....stun guns are very effective depending on the voltage. i got shocked with one in my leg and i couldn't walk for about an hour :(

believe you can do anything and you are limitless

Part of his argument was that if he toutched my blade with his stun gun, the blade would fly out of my hand. He belives that if I tried to cut him anywhere, he would be able to get the stun-gun there first, and use it like a shield which would stun and disarm me.

Now I'm not an electrician, so I can't comment on the electricity-blade relations, but I know I can cut him without being intercepted.

nah, I don't think they don't work that way. On the same token, you can be touching him and the shock will not transfer into your body. It has something to do with the type of discharge method stun guns use.

largely, stun guns aren't that effective. This is, once again due to the discharge method. guns usually vary between 80,000 and 700,000 volts, but although this sounds like a lot, it has little to do with the effect the weapon has - the amperage and method of delivery have importance.

Now, the police tasers that shoot the barbs are awesome. but you have to replace the cartridge after each use, and they aren't that cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a situation where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. There are stun guns which don't shoot out darts, and those that do. If your friend is armed with the dart-shooting variety available to law enforcement, you would be a twitching mass on the floor before you were able to draw the blade.

You'll cut him to piece, you must have better reflects than him with all your martial art experince.

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"