• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

look how early the thais start.

I think starting a physical activity early on is great for kids. Look how obese our society is in the U.S. compared to other countries. I wish I would have started that early.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think the current law is you're supposed to be 12 to fight Muay Thai in Thailand but it is rarely, if at all, enforced. As others have pointed out, most of these young kids are sent to the camps because they come from a poverty stricken family that sends their kids as a way out.

Muay Thai is reverred as a national sport in Thailand but if you talk to a Thai in Thailand that is more middle class they probably wouldn't do Muay Thai. If they wanted to do a martial art, the martial art in Thailand to do is Tae Kwon Do. True, there are other styles in Thailand but Tae Kwon Do is the most popular for someone that isn't stricken by poverty.

By the way, I'm not a TKD stylist, this is just the way it is in Thailand.

I know, it seems kind of silly, huh? I will say that from what I have seen TKD in Thailand isn't as easy to get your black belt in as it is in the USA. A few of the Muay Thai champions have used MT as a way to get into the entertainment business, be it, music, movies, etc.

I know if I was in Thailand right now I would be doing Muay Thai and Krabri Krabrong, not TKD, but that's just me.

Man , that kid is awsome ..

Well , look at the bright side , fighting for his living keeps him away from console games and eating junk food :)

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• 2 weeks later...

That kid is awesome. He looked like he was having fun at the same time. I would rather have my kid training, rather than sitting in front of the T.V. playing a video game. That's why our countries obesity rate is through the roof.

Gravity is the root of lightness; stillness is the ruler of movement. Lao Tzu