• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the decision muay thai or kyokushin

Hey fellas i'm faced with a delima, i have the choice of training in both muay thai or kyokushin. I like both mainly for there strength and power when executing techniques.

I'm facing the decision of which to take up i have trained in both for a couple of weeks and love both of them, i'm sort of leaning towards muay thai because it's more simple to learn i think, i wanna be a fighter later on and was wondering who would make more money and get more exposure a karate fighter or kickboxer.

And which style would you guys choose and why?(just wanna hear what u guys think.)

Thankyou

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hey fellas i'm faced with a delima, i have the choice of training in both muay thai or kyokushin. I like both mainly for there strength and power when executing techniques.

I'm facing the decision of which to take up i have trained in both for a couple of weeks and love both of them, i'm sort of leaning towards muay thai because it's more simple to learn i think, i wanna be a fighter later on and was wondering who would make more money and get more exposure a karate fighter or kickboxer.

And which style would you guys choose and why?(just wanna hear what u guys think.)

Thankyou

I have no experience with kyokushin, so I can't advise on that. However, given current trends, any style that fits into the K1 type fights will give you some TV exposure, but the biggest trend right now is the UFC/PRIDE/TUF type of MMA/Grappling.

If your only intention is to get on TV and try to make a lot of money, that would be your best bet, but in the 5-10 years it takes you to get to that level, fads may shift.

I'd go with whatever you enjoy the most, you're more likely to enjoy it longer and keep training. External motivators (TV, Money) don't last.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Yep. For the reasons you mentioned, go with MT. But if you can eventually, do both.

But fighting doesn't really make that much money. Pardon my presumption, but you're probably better off getting an education and getting a good job and then practicing an MA because you like it, not to put food on the table.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu