• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Long Have You Been Studying Martial Arts?

How long have you been studying martial arts?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been studying martial arts?

• Less than 1 year
    • 1-2 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 6-10 years
    • 11-15 years
    • 16-20 years
    • 21-25 years
    • More than 25 years

I was curious as to the experience level of the members of this board. There seems to be a very diverse group, and the contribution quality is very high regardless of style or background.

So how long have you studied the martial arts? Cumulative totals, not the time since you first began (exclude layoffs). No need for a message, if you prefer to remain anonymous, just a vote.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been training nearly two years, now. Really, if I count my former school, I've trained for about 3 1/2 years. There was a four year gap between schools, though, and I didn't retain much from the other school because I didn't practice.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Ive been at it for 11 years and still dont understand anything lol like my sig says white belt for life

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Ten years total. 4 years with Kung Fu and 6 in Shotokan, but train so much, feels sometimes like I have been doing it my whole life. That is a good thing. :)

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

4 years with Seiei Kan

2 years Judo

1 year Kajukenbo

<1 year BJJ

<1 year Kung Fu

<1 year TKD

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I've been at it 5 and 1/2. 1 year, 3 months at my first dojang (Tang Soo Do). Then I moved. 1 year, three months here (my current dojang). I left and studied TKD MDK/Judo for a year. Then came back here (2 years). I dabbled in other stuff as well. But Jujitsu is my current "dabble." I've been doing that off and on for 5 months, I believe.

Laurie F

2-3 years of fencing (sabre) - that was proper training, 4 hour sessions twice a week.

1 year wing chun, although I learnt nothing about wing chun really (because I'm not very good) so I don't really count it. Taught me interesting stuff about life and getting hit though.