• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belts

Darkangel

its not associated with either organization, yes the price is steep, but i rather just pay it then spend another 3 years doing the same thing with nothing to show for all my hard work.

Something else you may want to ask is if you have to pay a yearly fee to keep the belt certicate current. Many (bad) schools say you have to pay a yearly membership fee and if you don't, they will not recognize your black belt anymore.

I guess they think it is like milk and it will go bad....

bat

Many legit schools make you pay a yearly membership fee, too..ranging from 30 to 50 USD in myneck of the woods.

I would never do this with any of my student,s though..to each is own.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my area, the average fee per month is between 75 and 100 USD. What is it where you're from?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I'm not talking about tuition but a yearly membership fee of 30-50 USD. Tuition ranges anywhere from 30 to 100+ a month. I'm in Seattle, WA for a few more weeks before I go to AIT on Ft. Jackson, SC. I'm looking for a school around that area right now.

• 4 weeks later...

My club: 150€ (approximately 190 USD) + 20€ (appr. 25 USD) association fee per year. No grading fees since I feel that gradings are a natural part of training.

Shodan grading in our association is 10€ (13 USD) + certification fee. One may buy any belt he wishes to (or gets it from his club as a gift).

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland