• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think san shou is set up like kick boxing, but also scores points for throws, but does not allow ground fighting. I think low kicks are allowed, but I am not sure. I think some guy named Kung?? is the dominant figure of the sport right now.

Cung Lee is who you may be refering to. I've seen a few of his fights on ESPN and he's very impressive. Just totally dominates the other fighters.

I really like the San Shou rules. It allows strikes and throws but not ground work. It really helps to avoid the "lay and pray" we see sometimes in the UFC with fighters that aren't skilled at a ground game.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I think san shou is set up like kick boxing, but also scores points for throws, but does not allow ground fighting. I think low kicks are allowed, but I am not sure. I think some guy named Kung?? is the dominant figure of the sport right now.

Cung Lee is who you may be refering to. I've seen a few of his fights on ESPN and he's very impressive. Just totally dominates the other fighters.

I really like the San Shou rules. It allows strikes and throws but not ground work. It really helps to avoid the "lay and pray" we see sometimes in the UFC with fighters that aren't skilled at a ground game.

Yes, that's right--Cung Lee. He outclasses everyone he fights.

it's not sparring - it's a fighting format and venue. simply full contact sparring is not san shou.

isnt san shou cantonese for "full contact" tho?

its like a finger pointing away to the moon.....dont concentrate on the finger or youu will miss all that heavenly glory