• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shintora-Kai? what is it?

can anyone give me any information on Shintora-Kai? i may try it but i googled it and it didnt give me much. any information would be great. thank you.

nidan, goes to rising sun dojo in newport

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've been looking. I don't know anything about it and and can't find anything about it. Sorry

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I haven't found anything either. Wonder if it is a style that is made up of many styles and developed by the head instructor. Why don't you go and watch or take a few classes to get a better opinion of it?

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

A mix? Good point! From the style name Shintora-Kai I'm not sure what styles though. Sometimes it is easy to determine that from the name. If you find out let me know please.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Looks like it's a recent formulation based on chito ryu. Google that and you'll get plenty of info. They should be quite similar since SR came from that lineage.

From the Canadian shintora kai website:

In 1979, Chito-Ryu had a split between Tsuruoka Sensei & Higashi Sensei. We followed under the leadership of Higashi Sensei from 1979 to 2004. In 2004, due to internal disagreements, Shintora-kai Canada has been formed to carry on the teachings of the knowledge taught by these great instructors.

Good luck!

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu