• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shudokan Practitioners?

Sohan

jc4199,

Are you serious? 8) That is so cool.

How old is Grandmaster Brock? I've seen pictures of the one My GM trained with from the late 70's and he looks to have been in his 40's to 50's then. Could this be him or maybe a son? His name I don't know, he's only referred to as S. A. Brock.

If this is him, does he still do the breaking of baseball bats with his overhead block? We're told he could do this at some point. Someone could swing a bat at his head, and he'd do a #2 block (overhead) and break it.

Does his dojo have a website?

This is cool. Definately need to talk, let me know. I could use some dirt to razz the GM from our system.

I guess, also, tell him that I train with Peter Rose. If it's the same GM Brock, I would think he'd remember GM Rose.

Rick.

Rick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that you mention it, I searched, and his name is on the Toyama's Shihan list. Very, Very cool!!

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

It is the same man His first name is Sam He has a school about 30 miles south of St. Louis and his son runs the old school in St. Louis. I do not know about the breaking of a bat with a #2 block. the schools web site is http://absolute-martial-arts.com/

He is truly a neat man to talk to and learn form I have been taking class for about a year and I totaly love it.

I cant pm here yet but send me a pm with your e- mail and I will get you some more info.

jc4199,

Thanks much for the replies, but I too can't PM yet. I/anyone needs 25 posts to do that. I'm no there yet.

So how old is GM Brock? He's gotta be what,.....in his 60's or so? That's great that he still teaches. From what I've heard, he was quite a tough guy in his prime. (maybe still? :wink: )

Thanks for the link to the school. I was hoping it would have a bit more on GM Brock on it, but I'll tell my Sensei about it for chuckles.

I have a throw away e-mail address at Yahoo that you can use. If ya' send me a note I'll give you my real address. It's crhc191@yahoo.com.

Talk to Ya' later,

Rick.

Rick