• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need some advice...

I too agree with most people on this forum, except this guy...

Dude.. it's a strip of colored cloth. GET OVER IT. The color of your belt doesn't affect your skills. It doesn't change who you are. I trained for six years without getting a belt of any kind, and when I got one, for various political and geographical reasons, it was the "We're pretty sure you aren't going to hurt yourself if we stop looking at you for a moment" rank. I know several people in Karate styles who don't test. The only way they'll accept a change in rank is if the instructor just hands them the new belt. They think testing for rank is a bad tendency in the arts that detracts from the practice.

What a jerk. I mean, maybe you did not mean it to come off this way, but you really sound like the "I am too good for a belt" type. Plus you kinda talked down on the guy.

Anyhow...enough on that. It is never fun to have something like that happen, but just remember that karate is a marathon and not a 100 meter dash. Your goal is to get to black belt...to GET there. When you run a marathon, you do it to finish...just finishing on your feet is a worthy accomplishment. Same applies here.

Keep plugging away, it will all work out.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic