• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maybe you can offer a trade - train him in some things you know, that he doesn't.

Maybe ill give him a discount of the electrical work im doing on his house at the moment. :brow:

There you go...it never hurts to have a little bargaining chip!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke with the trainer again today and he will allow me to train even though i dont wish to compete. Im glad he is making an exception for me and cant wait to start training.

Spoke with the trainer again today and he will allow me to train even though i dont wish to compete. Im glad he is making an exception for me and cant wait to start training.

That's great, cross. Have fun with it!

Outstanding, cross. I'm guessing he saw your motivation. It's hard to resist teaching someone who earnestly wants to learn. Let us know how it goes.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

How in-depth do you get into the footwork, cross? I know that it is an important aspect of boxing, and would be anxious to hear anything you have to offer.

How in-depth do you get into the footwork, cross? I know that it is an important aspect of boxing, and would be anxious to hear anything you have to offer.

At this stage it was pretty basic(although i dont see that has being a problem, and its probably the reason why boxing footwork is so effective), but we focused on correctly moving forward, backwards, circling in both directions, throwing the jab while moving each way (strike with footwork), always returning to the correct fighting position after each movement.

Do you find it different from other MA? Wider stance?

At this stage it was pretty basic(although i dont see that has being a problem, and its probably the reason why boxing footwork is so effective), but we focused on correctly moving forward, backwards, circling in both directions, throwing the jab while moving each way (strike with footwork), always returning to the correct fighting position after each movement.

Very nice. That is what I would like to know that I am doing right as well. I work on punching and circling the bag, trying to make sure I am set when I punch, and the like. However, I don't do much walking backwards and punching, seeing as the bag won't follow me. :P

One thing my JKD instructor noticed the first night was how often I cross my feet. He said it was a good way to get my feet tangled, although I don't recall ever having done so. My MT instructor never mentioned it.

We could probably all use work on our foot...work.