• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have classes with nothing but hand work and i really enjoy it. blocking a kick you see coming feels good but being able to block fast hard punches feels better. i'm glad your enjoying it and found what youve been looking for.

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

what prompted that?

A number of reasons. I really enjoy my karate training, but recently i was looking for some "answers" and i didnt think my karate training was providing me with these. But after doing boxing for a short while it didnt really have the answers either, so i did alot of searching and started looking deeper into my karate and realise it will be better for me in the long term.

what prompted that?

A number of reasons. I really enjoy my karate training, but recently i was looking for some "answers" and i didnt think my karate training was providing me with these. But after doing boxing for a short while it didnt really have the answers either, so i did alot of searching and started looking deeper into my karate and realise it will be better for me in the long term.

Wow, that is almost what exaclty happened to me awhile ago. Wierd.

Well good luck with whatever art you choose in the end.

As long as you learned something uselful for yourself later on.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

My first ever ring fight gave me way more reference material for my more traditional art than I ever had before. You can simulate how other styles fight as much as you like in your normal class but there's nothing like being punched and kicked by a kick-boxer to show you how they really do things.

what do i know, i'm an idiot.

It sounds like a good time. I have always had great admiration of the coditioning that both boxers and wrestlers have. I know that I am no where close to being in that kind of shape.

Incidentally, Cross, why not train both?

we have classes with nothing but hand work and i really enjoy it. blocking a kick you see coming feels good but being able to block fast hard punches feels better. i'm glad your enjoying it and found what youve been looking for.

What kind of hand blocking drills do you do for fast punching?

• 6 months later...

I find that there is something of value on every style I've tried. Over my life, I have done some judo, wrestling, boxing, Shotokan, kung fu, combat arts, and Shorin Ryu. Most of it was one on one or in small classes. I am about to start a KB class that goes three months. After that, I expect to take a BJJ class that goes three months. It's all good.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.