• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey folks,

Had my first night of boxing training tonight :D !

Was excillent, i have to admit im feeling the pain right now, but in a weird way its a good pain... cant wait for the next lesson.

Coming from a traditional background of karate (which i still train in) i thought my fitness would be alright, but when we started the skipping then bag work, all non stop, it really added up and was a good eye opener.

Thats about it, ill go and have a nice cold shower for about an hour or so... hehehe.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How's training going, cross?

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Its going very well, thanks for asking.

Im really enjoying it, thinking of increasing my training to 3 days a week at the gym.

Over the next 6 months or so we are moving to a new location with all new training equipment etc. Should be good to see how it all goes.

Im glad i made the transition from karate to boxing. My karate instructor is still a good friend of mine and agrees that its the right thing for me to do.

cheers,

cross.

Its going very well, thanks for asking.

Im really enjoying it, thinking of increasing my training to 3 days a week at the gym.

Over the next 6 months or so we are moving to a new location with all new training equipment etc. Should be good to see how it all goes.

Im glad i made the transition from karate to boxing. My karate instructor is still a good friend of mine and agrees that its the right thing for me to do.

cheers,

cross.

You'll really notice a big difference with the extra training time. Glad you're enjoying it.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 1 month later...

Ok, i finished up my boxing training. I really enjoyed it and have taken quiet a few drills and conditioning ideas that i can apply to my training now. I would recommend all martial artists to atleast give boxing a try for a few weeks and you may learn some interesting and practical training principles.

I actually just started boxing also! It seemed like a good way to prepare for the 2 weeks i'm about to spend training muay thai in thailand - as i used to take tae kwon do in this area - which made my kicking respectable, but definitley left my hands a little lacking, and conditioning wasn't a priority at my dojang ( aimed at families and whatnot) . So far so good though, the defensive skills and systematic repetition of basics in a round system makes it an amazing workout.

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

Ok, i finished up my boxing training. I really enjoyed it and have taken quiet a few drills and conditioning ideas that i can apply to my training now. I would recommend all martial artists to atleast give boxing a try for a few weeks and you may learn some interesting and practical training principles.

finished up? you quit?