• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd say about.....$100 a month maybe? Unless you get a good deal you can maybe even get down to a monthly rate of 60 or 70 but usually in those cases you have to sign a contract to stay there longer. If it's over $100, it's probably too much unless there is something special about the school or the training (i.e. very rare, very hard-core, etc.) :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

I teach and train in West Varginia. Now we are a poor state and if you want to keep a class going here you can't charge that much. However I know guys who charge over 100.00 a month. Most schools in southren WV charge between 25 and 45 a month depending on number of classes each week. I try to avg about 5 a class and never anymore than 35 a month.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

In Australia I think most places are about $50 - $100 per month (which is only $25-$50 US).

I pay $70. I've seen a big Wing-Chun Academy in Chinatown in Sydney which charges $99 or so per month. Other places are less. There is a Goju school run by Merv Oakley, who was a direct student of Gogen Yamaguchi, which only charges about $60 per month. (US$30)

KarateForums.com - Sempai

Wow! Shoto, I'm movin to your country or Taikudo's.

I pay $100 a month. I live (well the area where the school is) is every "yuppie" where the "well-off" people with money live, so I would have to go to Rochester to get cheaper rates, but I really like my school.

I did find a Shotokan school that charges $60 to $70 a month, and they offer a lot more than my school does, but it's an hour away.

Laurie F