• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just recently started a boxing class. I am testing for my 1st Dan in TKD May 2nd. I thought boxing would speed my hands up as well as strengthen my upper body. I like it alot, but feel pretty awkward not using my legs, and I can't seem to get in the right stance, so it is a little challenging. By May I hopefully won't be struggling and will be able to hold my own up against all five black belts that come after me. :kaioken:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently started a boxing class. I am testing for my 1st Dan in TKD May 2nd. I thought boxing would speed my hands up as well as strengthen my upper body. I like it alot, but feel pretty awkward not using my legs, and I can't seem to get in the right stance, so it is a little challenging. By May I hopefully won't be struggling and will be able to hold my own up against all five black belts that come after me. :kaioken:

Sounds cool. I have always had an appreciation for boxers, and I think it would be a great compliment to your TKD kicking and striking skills.

I also found I had to resist the urge to take someone down. :)

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I know what you mean. It's not really mine either, but somehow I still like to scrap on it. That's one of the reasons I plan to take BJJ later this year.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.