Your instructer

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My instructor in TKD is 8th dan in WTF and 7th in MDK TKD. He also studied kung fu, but I don't know his rank/level. Plus he studied a bunch of other stuff, like Muay Thai, and Tai chi.

My Sensei in Jujitsu is 5th dan, 3rd in shotokan (I believe), and he also studied TKD, but I don't know his rank in that.

My TSD instructor was a 4th dan at the time. Last time I saw him, he was a 5th dan. I may be able to see him when I visit home this May (if all goes well, and I can still go).

Laurie F

My grandmaster is 8th dan in TKD, and he probably has some other titles that I don't know about (he lives out of state).

My master instructor is 5th dan in TKD, 4th dan in Traditional Okinawan Kempo Karate, and he's certified in Defensive Tactics (he trains security guards and police officers).

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

My Instructor is a 7th Dan in Shotokan Karate. He is the only instructor, but has several Shodans and Nidans assisting.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

My proper teacher is 6th Dan but he is ill so we have been trained under a 3rd Dan black belt. The 3rd Dan is also 3rd Dan in kickboxing as well as TKD

A machine can do the work of 50 men, no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man though

My sensei is a 4th dan. He has been practicing for 27 years and deserves higher, IMHO, because he has written a book and created videos (non-commercial) as well. His instruction is precise and correct, and he is keenly aware of everything that is occurring in the dojo no matter how many different activities are taking place. I have watched him perform his kata many times and it is as close to technically perfect as I could imagine. He has an amazing memory for the vast amount of material that we are required to perform and he executes it flawlessly. Sensei is deceptively sharp at his craft and we all consider him our friend as well as our teacher. Because of his solid integrity and quiet moral fortitude in an age of reckless selfishness, we respect and trust him completely. In our hearts, he is 10th dan.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 2 months later...

Both of my instructors are brown belts, part of the reson that they do not hold a dan rank is because of where we live ( our village is off the road system and we are the only dojo in town)

However the head instructor has been teaching for 16 years and in my eyes they are both blackbelts :)

The art they teach is Cuong NHu.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7